Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/forum/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Age of Wushu - where to start

Author Topic: Age of Wushu - where to start  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Sandora

• Ex-HGGW Member
  • Blue Bar General
    • View Profile
Age of Wushu - where to start
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:11 am »
Looks like Age of Wushu has been adopted as the main game by HGGW, so that's a pretty good incentive for me to give it a go. Perhaps you could all give me some pointers to get started:

Firstly, how is everyone finding it? Enjoyable? Planning to stick with it for the foreseeable future?

Secondly, although it's 'free', can it realistically be enjoyed without spending money (DWO is virtually unplayable without spending at least a little money, as you'll have hardly any weapons, gear or items)?

Finally, what server do I join, how do I find all you guys, and any tips for getting started?

There's actually a separate EU server in beta at the moment, under the name 'Age of Wulin', so I'm just hoping there won't be any region locking at a later time. Given the free stuff I can get on the US server (I already got myself 1 of those keys) and that it's actually hosted by the developers (unlike the EU version), I figure this may give a better experience, and of course I'll actually know people!

Thanks in advance for help, I'll hopefully download it at the weekend  :)

Offline Sandora

• Ex-HGGW Member
  • Blue Bar General
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wushu - where to start
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:19:03 pm »
Okay I downloaded and installed it. However, it seems very troublesome for European players, my ping was 170+ on every server, which is probably going to make it very hard to play properly. I guess I'll have to opt for the European version :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:28:08 pm by Sandora »